MONTGOMERY, TEXAS 2023
Join us from January 30th-February 28th we will focus in on a month of prayer as we collectively pray and fast for a move of God in Montgomery.
What is Awake Montgomery?
Awaken is a city-wide movement of prayer and fasting on unifying the church to strategically pray for and bless the city, one person at a time. It is in partnership with the churches of the greater Houston area under the Houston Church Planting Network (HCPN)
Where is Awake Montgomery?
This month-long journey of prayer and fasting will take place wherever you are located day-in and day-out. This is not about a big event; rather it’s about mobilizing the church to pray for and bless our city in all of the places we live, work, play, and learn.
Who is Awake Montgomery for?
This is for any Jesus follower willing to identify people in their life that are far from God and earnestly pray for them, fasting as God leads, for 30 straight days: January 30-February 28, 2023.
30 Days of Prayer and Fasting
— to —
HOW CAN MY CHURCH BE INVOLVED?
- Please email us to let us know that your church will be joining with other churches across Houston for the 30 days of prayer. The only commitment is praying and as able mobilizing your church to pray. Please mark your email with: AwakeMontgomery
- Leading up to the 30 Days of Prayer some churches will be doing a shared sermon series during the five Sunday’s in January. It’s called Hungry For God and will focus on prayer and fasting. If you’d like to participate here is a link to the sermon outlines.
- There will be daily devotionals written by pastors from around the city for the 30 days which will be available in January. Follow along on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Encourage and mobilize people to personally engage in the ways included under: “How Can I Be Involved?”
HOW CAN I BE INVOLVED?
- Identify people in your life who you believe are far from God.
- Commit to pray every day for the 30 days, fasting as the Lord leads you, for the people on your list.
- Trust God to help you bless those on your list with practical expressions of God’s love, hopefully also with the good news of the Gospel.
- On Saturday evening, February 25, from 5:00-6:00 pm, go on a Prayer Walk in your neighborhood, asking God’s richest blessing on the men, women, and children represented in the homes or apartments you walk past. Imagine thousands of people around Greater Houston and Montgomery doing this throughout neighborhoods all across our cities. (Note: Your prayer list of may be made up of people from the various spheres in your life, but during this Prayer Walk you’ll be praying specifically for the people in your neighborhood.)